Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Hors d'oeuvre of Fig Jam and Camembert in Walnut Bread is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 100 grams white flour
- 200 grams whole wheat flour
- 12 grams fresh yeast
- 5 grams salt
- 30 milliliters extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 milliliters warm water
- 1 handful nuts
- 15 figs
- brown sugar
- 1 dash sweet wine
- pomegranate (optional)
- For the walnut bread, in a large bowl, mix the flours and salt.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Add oil and yeast water to the flour and mix well.
- Knead for at least 10 minutes (slightly less if using a mixer).
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl.
- Cover with a cotton cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, at least 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and and add nuts.
- Shape dough into a roll and cut into portions, each about 30 grams (approximately 1 oz).
- Shape portions into rolls and place on a baking tray.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake in preheated oven at 250°C (approximately 480°F) for about 10 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 200°C (approximately 400°F) and bake for about 15 additional minutes. Cool on a wire rack and set aside.
- For the jam, peel and chop figs. Place chopped figs in a saucepan and sprinkle with sugar.
- Let figs stand for about 2 hours.
- Heat figs and sweet wine and stir until mixture reaches a jam-like consistency, about 20 minutes.
- For the hors d'oeuvre, slice rolls, spread with fig jam and top with a piece of camembert (at serving temperature).
- If desired, garnish with a few pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.