Fig Jam and Camembert on Walnut BreadKooking
Finding the perfect dinner when you are craving a decadent dish that will be hearty and healthy is sometimes hard to find. This dish for Hors d'oeuvre of Fig Jam and Camembert in Walnut Bread is sweet, savory and hearty. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family and friends with a delicious dinner this week. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 100 grams white flour
- 200 grams whole wheat flour
- 12 grams fresh yeast
- 5 grams salt
- 30 milliliters extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 milliliters warm water
- 1 handful nuts
- 15 figs
- brown sugar
- 1 dash sweet wine
- pomegranate (optional)
- 1For the walnut bread, in a large bowl, mix the flours and salt.
- 2Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- 3Add oil and yeast water to the flour and mix well.
- 4Knead for at least 10 minutes (slightly less if using a mixer).
- 5Shape dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl.
- 6Cover with a cotton cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, at least 1 hour.
- 7Punch down dough and and add nuts.
- 8Shape dough into a roll and cut into portions, each about 30 grams (approximately 1 oz).
- 9Shape portions into rolls and place on a baking tray.
- 10Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake in preheated oven at 250°C (approximately 480°F) for about 10 minutes.
- 11Lower oven temperature to 200°C (approximately 400°F) and bake for about 15 additional minutes. Cool on a wire rack and set aside.
- 12For the jam, peel and chop figs. Place chopped figs in a saucepan and sprinkle with sugar.
- 13Let figs stand for about 2 hours.
- 14Heat figs and sweet wine and stir until mixture reaches a jam-like consistency, about 20 minutes.
- 15For the hors d'oeuvre, slice rolls, spread with fig jam and top with a piece of camembert (at serving temperature).
- 16If desired, garnish with a few pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.