Bring out the festive mood of your guests. Serve this flavorful roast with sliced new potatoes, glazed carrots, green salad and a pound cake with orange glazing.
- 7 pounds pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 small onions (peeled)
- 8 oranges (small, peeled)
- 3/4 cup currant jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine salt, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Sprinkle on pork roast; rub into roast. Place roast in shallow roasting pan; insert meat thermometer. Roast at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour. Add water to pan. Place onions around roast. Combine currant jelly and hot pepper sauce; brush on roast and onions.
- Continue to roast for 1 hour (about 20 minutes per pound total) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add oranges to hot liquid in pan; heat thoroughly. Remove onions and oranges; keep warm. To make gravy, combine 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup water; mix until smooth. Bring pan liquid to a boil; gradually stir in flour mixture. Cook and stir until thickened.