Athena Workman-Jernigan of Nashville won first place at the Tennessee State Fair with this southwestern inspired casserole.
- 4 boneless pork sirloin chops (1/2-inch thick, about 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes (frozen roasted, original salt and pepper seasoned, about 1/2 of a 20-oz bag)
- 3/4 cup monterey jack (Con Queso, OR Mexican white cheese dip, about 1/2 of a 15 1/4-oz jar)
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained, mild or original Ro-Tel®)
- 4 flour tortillas (warmed)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13x9x2-inch shallow casserole dish lightly with cooking spray. Place pork chops in bottom; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together potatoes and cheese dip. Spoon potato-cheese mixture around the edge of the pork chops. Pour tomato mixture on top of pork chops. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pork is tender. Serve with additional Con Queso and warmed flour tortillas. Garnish with lime wedges.