Fine French cuisine does not have to cost you your whole paycheck. You can make it at home and enjoy with your loved ones. This recipe for Ficelle Picarde (Savory Crepe Gratin) is a decadent and delicious dinner option for a special Sunday dinner with friends and family. This recipe that takes 85 minutes to prepare makes six servings. So set up the table, add some candles, and enjoy a savory fine-dinning dish.
- 500 milliliters milk
- 3 eggs
- 180 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 300 grams white mushrooms
- 60 grams butter
- 40 grams flour
- 300 milliliters milk
- 150 grams cheese (grated Emmental)
- 12 slices cooked ham
- Prepare the batter: In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and eggs and add the flour.
- Add the oil and a pinch of salt.
- Let the dough rest for about 1 hour.
- Cook the crepes in a lightly greased pan.
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms until the cooking water evaporates.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour, stir and then add the milk, stirring until well dissolved.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Season with salt and add 100 grams of grated cheese.
- Add the mushrooms.
- To serve, place a crepe on a plate, top with a slice of ham, and add a heaping tablespoon of mushroom sauce in the middle.
- Roll up the crepe and place it on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and broil for 10 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.