Ficelle Picarde (Savory Crepe Gratin)On dine chez Nanou
Fine French cuisine does not have to cost you your whole paycheck. You can make it at home and enjoy with your loved ones. This recipe for Ficelle Picarde (Savory Crepe Gratin) is a decadent and delicious dinner option for a special Sunday dinner with friends and family. This recipe that takes 85 minutes to prepare makes six servings. So set up the table, add some candles, and enjoy a savory fine-dinning dish.
- 500 milliliters milk
- 3 eggs
- 180 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 300 grams white mushrooms
- 60 grams butter
- 40 grams flour
- 300 milliliters milk
- 150 grams cheese (grated Emmental)
- 12 slices cooked ham
- 1Prepare the batter: In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and eggs and add the flour.
- 2Add the oil and a pinch of salt.
- 3Let the dough rest for about 1 hour.
- 4Cook the crepes in a lightly greased pan.
- 5Wash the mushrooms and slice them.
- 6Melt butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms until the cooking water evaporates.
- 7Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 8In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour, stir and then add the milk, stirring until well dissolved.
- 9Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- 10Season with salt and add 100 grams of grated cheese.
- 11Add the mushrooms.
- 12To serve, place a crepe on a plate, top with a slice of ham, and add a heaping tablespoon of mushroom sauce in the middle.
- 13Roll up the crepe and place it on a baking dish.
- 14Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and broil for 10 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.