- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (medium, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 celery stalks (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 3 ounces pancetta (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (plus more for pasta water)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pound fettucini (fresh, available in the refrigerator section of most supermarkets; see note)
- parmigiano-reggiano (Freshly grated, for serving, optional)
- fresh basil (Handful chopped, or parsley, for serving, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories900Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Patryk Pałyska 17 Oct
Amazing, made few times and it's awesome!
Jennifer P. 7 Oct
Really yummy! I did add my own touch like some sofrito( lol I'm Puerto Rican) but other then that nothing else!
Olivia 18 Sep
The whole family loved this meal
Tamir Benjo 6 Jul
great recipe. very tasty and pretty simple.
Kudryashova 3 Jul
Looks and smells great! Haven’t tried it yet, but I have no doubts it’s going to be yumm. Although I fry pancetta first, only then add the vegetables And since I love love love mushrooms, i always add them to my bolognese.
Sebastian 26 Aug 2017
It was delish! 😋I used a Merlot substitute 🍷 for wine and a high quality dry Fettuccini. Also dropped in fresh basil in the last cooking cycle. 🍃 Might try parsley and maybe switch out the celery or add in a mild sweeting ingredient (possibly brown sugar and margarine) to make it more savory. Otherwise it was amongst my other favorite bolognese, especially when you add in the parmesiano regiano 👌🏻🧀🍝
Anthony William 14 May 2017
Great app with great ways of customising your front page and option to chose favourite cuisines and alergies
jill9will . 7 Nov 2016
Really good & easy to make. Everyone enjoyed it- followed directions exactly. Only think I might do differently next time is use a beef/veal/pork mixture instead of all beef.