Fettuccine with Prosciutto and PeasKitchenAid
- 1 pound Basic Egg Pasta Dough (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallots (medium, minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces prosciutto (chopped)
- 1 cup garden peas (fresh, blanched)
- 3/4 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese (grated, divided)
- 2 tablespoons pasta cooking water
- 1Attach Pasta Sheet Roller to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Set adjustment knob on roller at 1. Turn mixer to Speed 2. Feed one flattened piece of dough into rollers to knead. Fold dough in half and roll again. Repeat folding and kneading process several times, or until dough is smooth and pliable. Lightly dust pasta with flour while rolling, if needed, to aid in drying and separation. Knead and fold each piece of dough in same manner.
- 2Move adjustment knob to setting 2. Feed dough through rollers to further flatten. Change to setting 3 and feed dough through rollers again. Change to setting 4; feed dough through twice. Repeat with remaining dough. Stop mixer.
- 3Exchange Pasta Sheet Roller for Fettuccine Cutter attachment. Turn mixer to Speed 4. Feed flattened pasta sheets through cutter. Carefully arrange pasta on Pasta Drying Rack.
- 4While pasta dries, bring 4 quarts water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 4 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- 5Heat oil, shallots and garlic in large skillet on medium heat4 to 5 minutes or until softened and edges just start to brown. Add wine; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Add cream, nutmeg, prosciutto and peas; bring to a boil.Reduce heat to medium; add pasta,½ cup cheese and pasta cooking water. Toss until coated. Serve topped with remaining cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.