Having fresh herbs from the garden or window box give this sauce great flavor. Complete the meal with a large fresh salad.
- 2 pounds pork blade steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes (diced, peeled)
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 onions (medium, quartered, sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups fettucine (OR rigatoni, cooked and drained)
- Heat oil in large skillet. Brown pork steaks over medium-high heat; about 4 minutes per side. Add remaining ingredients except parsley, mushrooms and fettucine. Cover; simmer 1 - 1 1/2 hours, until pork is very tender. Remove meat from sauce; cut into small pieces. Add meat, parsley and mushrooms to sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes. Serve sauce over hot fettucine.