Just when you thought you would never find the recipe for you, you found Feta and Herb Zucchini Boats with Vegetable Couscous! This recipe is perfect for those of your that love Greek-style food and need the protein in your diet to get you through the day. This Feta and Herb Zucchini Boats with Vegetable Couscous recipe blends flavor with nutrition. It is perfect for an after-school snack for the kids. Try this recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. Happy Cooking!
- 6 zucchini (cut into halves horizontally, with the edges trimmed and the inside flesh scooped out)
- 100 grams feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/3 cup parsley (minced)
- 1 tablespoon basil (ground)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (ground)
- 1 pinch dill (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (arbol, optional, may substitute cayenne)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cornflakes (crushed)
- cooking spray
- Place the zucchini in the microwave on high for 2 minutes and wait another 2 minutes before checking to see if tender. Continue microwaving for 1 minute at a time until tender. Repeat with the inside flesh.
- Mix the cheese with the parsley, basil, oregano, dill, and chile flakes. Add salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of the corn flakes and 1/2 cup of the zucchini flesh. Fill the zucchini shells with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the filled zucchini with corn flakes, spritz with cooking spray and microwave for 1 minute.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.