Featuring fresh feta cheese, this savory cake is a great accompaniment to meat dishes or, if you are keeping meals lighter, a salad. Made with greek yogurt, this cake has a moist texture throughout. Flavored by the feta cheese, this savory cake also…
features more cheese for a melty cheesy flavor--we recommend you use Havarti or another cheese that melts easily. Season with your favorite herbs such as mint or basil and a little black pepper. Bake time is 25 minutes.
- 5 eggs
- 300 grams greek yogurt (unflavored)
- 100 milliliters milk
- 375 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 200 grams margarine (melted)
- 300 grams feta cheese (grated or crumbled)
- 150 grams cheese (any easily melted, for instance, Havarti or cheddar)
- 1 handful fresh mint (diced)
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 15-centimeter by 25-centimeter baking pan with parchment paper or grease it with margarine.
- Whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and milk until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the first mixture and combine with a spatula.
- Mix in the melted margarine.
- Then mix in the feta cheese, other cheese of choice, mint, and black pepper.
- Pour into the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick pierced in the center comes out clean.
|Calories800Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.