Appetizers with a flair for the dramatic. Experience India up close and personal. This recipe delivers a hot mouthful with every bite. Featuring chicken, cheese, yogurt, and curry, this appetizer will create new sensations for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 onion (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- 25 coriander leaves (twenty plus 4/5 for decoration)
- 2 sheets gelatin
- cream (40 cl. liquid)
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (good, not too strong)
- 30 grams raisins
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 yogurt
- tandoori powder
- 1 cucumber
- 100 grams cottage cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 yogurt (stirred)
- 1 red pepper (baked to remove its skin)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, heat the oil, and saute onion and peeled carrots for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 3 pinches of curry powder, stir.
- Then add the broth cube diluted in 1 liter of water.
- Cook for about 25 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and coriander. Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Place the carrots in the blender, and gradually add the liquid (only 2/3 of it), mix for a long time. Add the rest of the liquid to desired consistency, salt if necessary.
- Soften the gelatin in a bowl of cold water.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the syrup, and then the softened gelatin. Stir quickly to dissolve the gelatin.
- Pour into individual glasses.
- Let cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 5 hours...
- When the panna cotta is set, in a sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons of mango chutney diluted with 2 tablespoons of water, add the raisins, and boil for about 3 to 4 minutes until the mixture thickens, pour over the panna cottas just to coat the top.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the chicken breasts into very small pieces, marinate them in the yogurt mixed with 1 tablespoon of tandoori spices for at least 2 hours. Prick the chicken pieces on a skewer. Bake at 200 C for about 10 minutes, turning over periodically (cooking time depends on the size of your skewers)
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds, and coarsely chop. Pour into a bowl with cottage cheese, salt, pepper and chopped mint. Pour a teaspoon at the bottom of each glass before adding the skewer.
- Mix the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together until obtaining a very smooth mixture. Pour a little into each glass, and top with thin strips of red pepper, then add a second layer of yogurt and pepper before refrigerating.
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.