- 1 pineapple (large, peeled, cored & cut into 1-inch chunks OR 1 16-oz can pineapple chunks,drained)
- 1 jicama (large, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks)
- 3 navel oranges (large, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 bananas (large, sliced)
- 16 ounces pickled beets (whole, drained)
- 1 apple (large, cored and cut into wedges)
- pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 1 pear (ripe, cut into wedges)
- Combine pineapple, jicama, orange slices, orange juice and lime juice in large bowl. Refrigerate overnight. Line large platter with lettuce leaves, if desired. Drain marinated fruit, reserving juice. Arrange marinated fruit, bananas and beets atop lettuce in concentric pattern, starting at edge of platter. Arrange apple and pear in center. Sprinkle salad with pomegranate seeds and peanuts.
- For vinaigrette, combine 3/4 cup of the reserved fruit juice, the vinegar, chili powder, oil and onions. Serve salad; pass vinaigrette separately.