Fermented Pork with Greens, Cherry MisoPork Foodservice
1/2 pound boneless pork loin roast (cleaned)
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 tablespoon red miso
1 1/4 cups kasu
neutral oil (As needed)
1 shallots (medium, minced)
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups lacinato kale (de-stemmed, torn)
1/2 cup pork stock
1 1/2 cups cherries (pitted and quartered)
1 cup white miso
Discover more recipes from Pork Foodservice
11. For the Pork: Blend the garlic, miso, and Kasu in a food processor, adding neutral oil as needed to blend until well mixed.
22. Rub the pork with the blended fermentation mix and add any additional excess mix to the bag. Vacuum seal at high pressure and leave in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks.
33. Place the bagged pork in a water bath and cook at 54°C for 4 hours.
44. Remove the pork from the vacuum bag and remove the marinade, fermenting paste. Heat neutral oil in a pan over high heat and sear the pork on all sides. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
55. For the Kale: In a sauté pan, melt the butter and sweat the shallots until they begin to look translucent. Add the kale into the pan and cook for a few minutes. Deglaze the pan with pork stock and season to taste.
66. For the Cherry Miso: Place the cherries and miso into a vacuum bag and seal at high pressure. Let sit for 1 week in a cool and dry place. Remove the cherries and miso from the bag and blend in a blender until smooth.