- 5 pounds ribeye (rib) pork roast (OR Rack of Pork OR bone-in pork loin roast)
- sea salt (To taste)
- 1/3 cup fennel seeds (toasted)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Season the ribeye roast all over with salt. In a food processor, pulse together the toasted fennel seeds and chili flakes. Rub the spice mixture evenly over the roast and shake off any excess rub before cooking.
- Place the roast bone side up onto a roasting pan fitted with a rack. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the roasting pan. Roast in the oven, checking after 1 1/2 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) until the internal temperature of the roast reaches between 145 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 500 degrees F. Slice the ribs away from the loins and cut the rack into individual ribs. Place the ribs cut side up on a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil. Place back into the oven until the ribs are crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove and serve with sliced pork loin.