- 8 bone in chicken thighs
- Italian parsley
- celery (choose some that have lots of leaves in the middle...not just stalks)
- bouquet (Herb, create this using cheesecloth..or if you don't have it, I used a coffee filter and tied it off: 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp dried thyme, 4 whole cloves or allspice berries, 3 large cloves of smashed unpeeled garlic)
- 2 boxes low sodium chicken broth (or chicken bouillon cubes)
- french vermouth
- dry white wine
- carrots (baby or sliced)
- spinach (..if you like it)
- egg noodles
- I trim a bit of the fat off the thighs and place them in a large sauce pot. I peel the onion and halve it and add that to the pot. I take a hand full of parsley (trimming the ends a bit) and throw that in. Then I cut all the leaves from the celery along with two or three stalks halved and throw that in. Add the herb bouquet as well. Lastly, I add water to cover all ingredients to about an inch or so over. Bring to a boil and then let simmer at least an hour and a half to two hours (may need more)...the chicken should fall off the bone when removed. You may want to season with some salt and pepper.
- Once chicken is ready, remove all ingredients placing the chicken on a cutting board and discarding all the rest. Remove the skins and any extra fat and shred the chicken.
- Prep for soup: