- 1 1/2 pounds frozen broad beans
- 5 ounces feta (marinated in oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mint (chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve)
- 4 pitas (large)
- cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook fava beans 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Peel, then discard skins.
- Drain feta; reserving 1/4 cup of the oil. Using a food processor, process feta, reserved oil, fava beans and lemon juice, until a coarse paste forms. Season. Add mint. Pulse until just combined. Cover dip with plastic wrap; chill until ready to serve.
- For the pita chips: Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut each pita into 12 triangles; place in a single layer on 2 large baking trays. Lightly spray with oil. Bake, turning once, 7-8 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned
- To serve: Drizzle dip with oil; top with extra mint. Serve with pita crisps.