- 1 pound fava beans (frozen)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint leaves (dried)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 1/2 ounces frozen peas
- 8 slices white bread (crusts removed)
- 1 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- Blanch fava beans in boiling water for 2 mins. Run under cold water to cool, drain then peel.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook onion for 5 mins, or until soft. Add garlic and mint. Add stock, beans and peas. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 mins. Let cool slightly. Purée until smooth then transfer to a clean pot and stir over low heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, to make parmesan twists, preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll and flatten each slice of bread. Lightly coat with oil then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place on prepared tray, lightly coat with oil and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 15 mins, or until golden brown. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- To serve, ladle hot soup into bowls. Top with feta and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with parmesan twists.
|Calories410Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.