Fat Free Queen Cake with Squash StuffingHoje para Jantar
- 1 kilogram flour
- 60 grams bakers yeast
- 6 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 200 grams butter
- 6 1/2 deciliters milk
- 1 cup port wine
- dried fruit
- flour (to help with kneading)
- 1 jar squash jam
- 1 egg yolks (for brushing before baking)
- jelly (for glazing after cooking)
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- 2Place all ingredients in the bowl of the bread machine and add milk with yeast.
- 3Set the machine for yeast dough.
- 4At the end of the cycle, stir dough and let rise again.
- 5At this point the dough will be very runny.
- 6Continue to knead and add flour until dough is smooth.
- 7Divide dough into 3 parts and place on a floured work surface one at a time.
- 8Sprinkle nuts with flour and add to the dough.
- 9Continue sprinkling the countertop with flour as you work the dough.
- 10Roll out the dough with your hands to form a rectangle and spread with pumpkin butter.
- 11Take one of the narrow ends and fold it, then take the opposite one and fold it on top of the previous one.
- 12Place the dough on a silicone mat or a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- 13Decorate to taste and brush dough with egg yolk whisked with a teaspoon of water.
- 14Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for 30 minutes.
- 15Remove from oven and brush with jelly or doughnut glaze. Garnish with powdered sugar.
- 16Tip: Freeze uncooked pastry before brushing with egg wash. When ready to bake, remove from freezer, defrost and bake.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1970Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.