Fast and Easy Sweet-and-Sour Fried ChickenOn dine chez Nanou
This recipe for Fast and Easy Sweet-and-Sour Fried Chicken is a palate pleasing recipe that is perfect dinner option any day of the week. This decadent recipe combines the sweetness of red and yellow peppers with the tartness of pineapple to create a wonderful and hearty dish. Top with sesame seeds and serve over white rice for a complete dinner. Everyone will love this tantalizing treasure and it will become a family favorite.
- 2 chicken breasts (small)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 glass water
- 1 yellow peppers
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can pineapple (in its own juice)
- sesame seeds
- white rice (cooked)
- 1Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces, place in a bowl
- 2Combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornstarch for marinade. Add to chicken. Stir.
- 3Prepare the sauce in a bowl, combine tomatoes, vinegar, soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, and sugar. Set aside.
- 4Peel the peppers and remove the seeds.
- 5Cut into small cubes.
- 6Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it, brown the chicken pieces.
- 7Remove from pan, pour in the second tablespoon of oil, fry the peppers over low heat until tender (about 5-7 minutes). Add chicken, the drained pineapple, and then the sauce. Mix, add a little water to obtain a texture that's not too thick (cornstarch will help thicken quickly, do not hesitate to add water).
- 8Cook about 15 minutes.
- 9To serve, sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds, and accompany with white rice.