This gorgeous vegetable bake is just the dish to make with your weekly bounty from the farmers' market
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 zucchini (large)
- 1 summer squash (large)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese (freshly)
- 1 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Slice the eggplant, zucchini, and summer squash 1/8” thick and place in a large colander. Sprinkle a very generous amount of salt over the slices, and toss to coat. Place the colander over the sink and allow the vegetables to sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Spray a 9” glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- After 30 minutes, thoroughly rinse the eggplant, zucchini, and summer squash slices with cool water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice the tomato 1/4” thick. Mince the garlic clove.
- Arrange the eggplant slices around the outer edge of the pie plate, so that they are propped at a 45° angle. Lay the tomato slices over the eggplant, creating concentric circles. Alternate slices of zucchini with slices of summer squash over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic over the vegetables, followed by the grated Parmesan, sharp cheddar, and fresh thyme leaves.
- Transfer the pie plate to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove the pie plate from the oven.
- Allow the vegetables to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories90Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.