Far Breton with PrunesLolibox
This cake is a classic recipe from the Brittany region of France. It requires just little bit of effort and creates a flavorful and rustic dessert that the whole family will love. The rum adds a nice bold flavor, while the prunes add nice little pcokets of sweetness. The cake itself has a slight custard texture and is great served after a hearty meal alongside a cup of coffee or tea.
- 200 grams prunes
- 4 eggs
- 120 grams sugar (plus 1-1/2 tsp. sugar)
- 120 grams flour
- 50 grams butter (melted)
- milk (500 cl.)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Soak the prunes in lukewarm water and rum for 10 minutes.
- 3Mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt.
- 4Add flour, a shot glass of rum, melted butter, and milk.
- 5Drain prunes and place in baking dish greased with butter.
- 6Pour mixture over prunes and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 7Turn off oven but allow to sit in the oven.