Family Size Chicken and Mozzarella PieO Meu Tempero
Family style meals are a great way to go on a busy weeknight, and this savory pie fits the bill nicely. The dough comes together quickly with your hands, and you can even prepare it ahead of time. The filling is a robust mixture of shredded chicken breast meat, creamy buffalo milk mozzarella (or regular mozzarella if necessary), and fresh basil. The pie takes just 20 minutes to bake, and can go straight from the oven to the table to allow everyone to dig in.
- 300 grams plain flour
- 3 small eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 75 grams butter (melted and cooled)
- salt (to taste)
- tomato sauce
- 2 chicken breasts (boiled and shredded)
- 1 buffalo mozzarella (sliced)
- basil (freshly chopped)
- 1In a bowl place the flour and add the 3 small eggs in the middle. Add the butter and a pinch of salt. Mix with your hands until a the dough is consistent. If necessary add more flour until it detaches from your hands.
- 2Divide the dough into two parts. Sprinkle the work surface with flour and roll out the dough till the desired thickness.
- 3Place one part of the rolled dough in an oven mold greased with butter.
- 4Garnish with the tomato sauce, add half of the shredded chicken, then half of the buffalo mozzarella, repeat the operation and then add the basil. Place the other piece of dough over the base and join the ends. Brush with the beaten egg yolk with a little water.
- 5Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until golden-brown.