You can use your own favorite type of sausage in this skillet supper to go with the chorizo, which is what provides the distinctive flavor and pairs perfectly with the potatoes that are cooked along with. Carrots, cabbage, and white beans round out the ingredients for a meal in one. Be sure to pierce the meat sausage with a fork before placing atop the contents in the pan, to keep it from bursting.
- 500 grams bacon
- 3 carrots (thickly sliced)
- 1/4 cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 sausage (meat)
- 1 sausage
- 1 can white beans
- 6 medium potatoes (chopped in large cubes)
- olive oil
- white wine
- In a large pan, place 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Cut the sausage into slices and saute in olive until browned on both side.
- Add the bacon strips cut into small pieces and cook.
- When the meat and chorizo are cooked, add a little white wine.
- Add water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil and add the potatoes, carrots and cabbage.
- Season with salt, paprika and chili.
- Mix together. Add the beans and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Mash the sausage with a fork. Cover and cook.
- When the potatoes are cooked, serve immediately.