Fall Veal and Mushrooms FricasseeKooking
Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Fall Mushrooms Fricassee is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 800 grams veal steak
- 1 onions (grated)
- 1 small carrots (grated)
- 2 tomatoes (ripe, finely diced)
- 300 grams mushrooms
- 100 milliliters white wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 hazelnuts (chopped)
- 5 almonds (chopped)
- parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan.
- 2Season the veal with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- 3Fry on both sides over medium heat, until flour is toasted, then set aside.
- 4In the same oil, sauté onion and carrot. Add tomatoes and a teaspoon of sugar.
- 5Simmer sauce until reduced. Season with salt to taste.
- 6In a skillet, sauté mushrooms until liquid evaporates.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Add veal to the sauce and add white wine and let reduce slightly.
- 9Add mushrooms to pan.
- 10If needed, add water, until sauce covers meat.
- 11Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- 12In a bowl, mix chopped garlic, hazelnuts, almonds and parsley.
- 13Add to the meat.
- 14Cover and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- 15Tip: For best results, cool and refrigerate overnight, then reheat before serving.