Fall Superfood Beef StewYummly
Made with extra lean beef, and a bucket load of veggies, this classic comfort dish is the perfect antidote to cooler temperatures.
- 1 pound extra lean stewing beef
- 1 liter beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 sweet potatoes (large)
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 cups kale (shredded)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1Peel and crush the garlic, and finely dice the onion.
- 2Peel and slice the carrots and celery.
- 3Chop the sweet potato into 1/2 inch cubes, and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- 4Shred the kale, and finely chop the rosemary, and thyme.
- 5Cut the beef into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 6Place a large pan on the stove, and turn the stove on to medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 30 seconds then add the diced onion to the pan.
- 7Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent, then add the celery and carrot to the pan. Cook for another minute or so.
- 8Add the rosemary, and thyme to the pan, followed by the beef. Toss the bay leaves into the pan and continue to the cook the ingredients until the beef has browned all over.
- 9Turn off the heat, and transfer the beef and veggie mixture to the slow-cooker. Add the kale, sweet, potato, mushrooms, cornstarch, tomato paste, salt and beef broth to the slow-cooker. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- 10Set the slow-cooker to high and cook for 6 hours.
- 11Just before serving, stir the worchestershire sauce into the stew. Garnish with chopped rosemary.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.