- 2/3 cup dried chickpeas (soaked overnight, drained)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 small)
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves (packed)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to KitchenAid® 3.5 Cup Food Chopper Work Bowl.
- Set to Chop and Pulse until coarse meal forms, scraping sides of Work Bowl as needed. Process until the mixture resembles texture of couscous and will stay together when squeezed into a ball. If too crumbly, process longer, being careful not to make puree.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl and mix with fork to even out consistency and remove any large chunks of chick pea. Cover with plastic and set aside in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Form falafel mixture into 12 small patties using wet hands.
- Heat ¼ inch oil in skillet over medium heat. Oil should be deep enough to come halfway up sides of falafel.
- Handle falafel gently as you place in oil. Fry patties 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.
- Chef’s Tip: Serve as an appetizer or in a warm pita with tomato, cucumber and yogurt.