This rice doesn't acutally feature any duck, instead it has chicken and sausage. The sausage is smoked, which adds a ton of flavor. Tomatoes and white wine flavor this dish for a savory and balanced flavor. This dish makes for a filling dinner, pair it with some vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and hearty meal. The leftovers are great warmed up for lunch the next day.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 can tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 smoked sausage (diced)
- chicken (leftovers, preferably breast)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- In a saucepan, saute the onion in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add 1 chopped garlic clove, and the bay leaf.
- Let the onions caramelize for 1 to 2 minutes, and add the tomato.
- Add the carrot, and half of the smoked sausage.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the onion is soft and the tomato has fallen apart.
- Add the wine.
- Shred the chicken, and add to the stew, stirring well to mix in.
- Add half a cup of chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer to reduce the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In another saucepan, saute 1 garlic clove in a drizzle of olive oil. Let the garlic fry until releasing some aroma.
- Add the rice, and fry for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add 3 cups of hot chicken broth, and stir.
- Season with salt and let the rice cook.
- Add the cooked rice to the chicken, and mix carefully. Pour the rice and chicken into a baking tray.
- Garnish with slices of smoked sausage, and bake until browned on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories920Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.