Fake Duck RiceHoje para Jantar
This rice doesn't acutally feature any duck, instead it has chicken and sausage. The sausage is smoked, which adds a ton of flavor. Tomatoes and white wine flavor this dish for a savory and balanced flavor. This dish makes for a filling dinner, pair it with some vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and hearty meal. The leftovers are great warmed up for lunch the next day.
- 1 onions (chopped)
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 can tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 1 carrots (diced)
- 1 smoked sausage (diced)
- chicken (leftovers, preferably breast)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1In a saucepan, saute the onion in a drizzle of olive oil.
- 2Add 1 chopped garlic clove, and the bay leaf.
- 3Let the onions caramelize for 1 to 2 minutes, and add the tomato.
- 4Add the carrot, and half of the smoked sausage.
- 5Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the onion is soft and the tomato has fallen apart.
- 6Add the wine.
- 7Shred the chicken, and add to the stew, stirring well to mix in.
- 8Add half a cup of chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Let it simmer to reduce the sauce.
- 10Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 11In another saucepan, saute 1 garlic clove in a drizzle of olive oil. Let the garlic fry until releasing some aroma.
- 12Add the rice, and fry for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- 13Add 3 cups of hot chicken broth, and stir.
- 14Season with salt and let the rice cook.
- 15Add the cooked rice to the chicken, and mix carefully. Pour the rice and chicken into a baking tray.
- 16Garnish with slices of smoked sausage, and bake until browned on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories920Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.