Fajitas de PuercoPORK
This recipe is redolent of South Texas, makes a change from common fajitas while using ingredients to create a new taste. Diane Stalling gives us this winning recipe from the Grilling Grates contest.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly (melted)
- 2 oranges (cut in half)
- 3/4 cup cilantro (loosely packed and chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Butterfly the pork loin by cutting down the length of the loin about halfway, starting at the thick end. Flatten it so that it is of even length of the loin about halfway, starting at the thick end. Mix chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and massage into the meat on both sides. Put it into a plastic bag and let it marinate.
- Grill the pork tenderloin over a hot grill, about 5-7 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F., brushing with the melted hot pepper jelly on each side to glaze.
- Remove to cutting board, allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing on the diagonal into thin slices and place slices onto a warm platter. Squeeze oranges over the sliced meat, sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serving suggestions: Serve immediately with warm flour tortillas and pico de gallo made with mango, avocado, red onion, jalapeno and garlic or peach salsa.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories220Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes