Fabulous Filbert FootballsPork
You guests won't fumble when you "pass" them these delicious football-shaped cookies.
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter (softened, 2 sticks)
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hazelnuts (also called filberts toasted and ground)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening (solid)
- 1In large mixing bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and cinnamon; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and baking soda, beating on low speed to combine. Mix in ground nuts. Shape dough into 2 flat rounds; chill for at least 1 hour. On surface dusted with flour, roll out 1 round at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. With cookie cutter, cut out football shapes (or other shapes as desired). Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray. Using a knife, mark laces on footballs. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are no longer moist. Remove from cookie sheets and place on wire racks to cool.
- 2Place white chocolate chips and shortening in heavy-duty self-sealing plastic bag; microwave on 50 percent power for 3 to 4 minutes, massaging bag every minute, or until chips are melted. Cut off tip of one corner of bag. Pipe melted white chocolate onto the back of a cookie; top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Decorate the top by piping on additional melted white chocolate to resemble laces on football. Repeat with remaining cookies.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.