With a name like Extremely Rich Chocolate Mousse, how could you possibly go wrong? This recipe combines rich heavy cream with decadent dark chocolate for a mousse that is out of this world. Bring it to a holiday party or special occasion, or just make some for the family and have a wonderful Sunday dinner. Why not pick up the ingredients this week? We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this mousse as much as we do.
- 100 grams heavy cream
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 6 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 grams granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Pour the cream into a saucepan, and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, chop your chocolate, and set it aside in a heat-proof container.
- When the cream is hot, pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let the chocolate melt for a few moments before mixing it with a whisk.
- You should have a ganache with a smooth and shiny texture.
- Pour the egg whites into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, and whisk them. When they begin to form stiff peaks, gradually add the sugar. Take care not to beat the egg whites too much.
- Add the egg yolks to the ganache, then gently fold in the egg whites until well incorporated.
- Using a piping bag (or simply a spoon) distrubute the mousse in your bowls or containers.
- Put them in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.