- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 8 cups canola oil (for frying)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (for best flavor or milk)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon montreal steak seasoning (or generic version)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (fresh)
- 3/4 teaspoon msg (strictly optional. If you have an aversion or sensitivity to this, please omit it!)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (preferably granulated garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (preferably granulated onion)
Jeremy 6 days ago
was really delicious think I'm going to add a few more spices to the recipe I think the flower to spice ratio is a little much
Ray J. 8 May
really good stuff................
lena e. 20 Apr
The chicken came out great. I used a (real) castiron skillet which helped with the crisyness...also i have a large family made up of mostly big healthy almost grown men; so if you are feeding a large group such as myself, it is best to use 2 skillets and have a nice size kitchen. I stay in a cramped 3 bedroom apartment with a very small kitchen so it took an hour and a half to just cook the chicken but the end results made it worth it. Only suggestion, depening on your tast buds, you may need to add a little more salt to the Chicken Scratch. Overall, great recipe.
Bernice W. 8 Sep 2015
This dish was absolutely amazing the chicken was crispy and the after taste just want you wanting more.!