Beautiful orange color, sweet and nutty flavors, marinated in a bitter coconut sauce are only a few reasons to make this sweet potato dish. The whole dish screams to be served during the Holiday’s. It’s perfect for a cold night next to a thick piece of meat. Curry madras gives a spicy kick to the otherwise smooth and subtle sweet potatoes. It’s an ethnic twist, and a much healthier version, of the common sweet potato casserole.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 small potatoes
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Wash, peel, and coarsely chop the sweet potatoes and potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes and potatoes in a large saucepan, and fill with water halfway up the vegetables.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, curry, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the pan, and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, puree the mixture using a stick blender.