- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick or 4 ounces, softened)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (Dutch, see above for a natural cocoa adjustment)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Celine N. 12 days ago
Rich, dark, and wonderful — paired with unsweetened raspberry sauce and fresh-whipped cream, this was an adult-dessert delight.
Sebastian 23 days ago
It turned out great! A rich aroma without being too sweet. The perfect flavor
monwe 4 Jan
pretty good recepie can’t wait to taste it!
Forest 19 Oct 2017
This was so delicious! I made it for my sister's birthday, and at her request, added chocolate chips. I added half a cup of mini dark chocolate chips, and it tasted sooo super good! The taste wasn't super sweet, but also wasn't bitter at all (AKA, it was perfect). It smelled and tasted like a perfect brownie. I will definitely be making this cake again!
Dawn B. 3 Sep 2017
Tasted like a thick rich brownie delicious!
Gabriele K. 23 Mar 2017
Super delicious and moist chocolate cake that's easily and quickly made. A bit of frosting and sprinkles- birthday cake is ready
Jamie Podratz 25 Feb 2016
This cake is really amazing. I used my fancy Droste Dutch processed cocoa powder for this, and I'm glad I did. I made a raspberry sauce (just a carton of berries and a couple tablespoons of strawberry jam - what I had!) and some homemade whipped cream to accompany. The tart berries helped offset the dense, rich cake. Delicious!!