Eton MessLA COCINA DE BABEL
Drawing inspiration from Eton Mess, a traditional English dessert that consists of a mixture of strawberries, meringue pieces, and whipped cream, this ice cream recipe is perfect on a warm summer evening. With a rich creamy strawberry and vanilla flavor, this ice cream contains pieces of strawberry in addition to strawberry pureed into the ice cream itself. Serve with crushed meringue cookies on top in an individually portioned cup or bowl and you have a dessert that is refreshing and delicious.
- 400 grams strawberries (plus more for garnish)
- 400 grams condensed milk
- 600 mL heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cookies (meringue, crushed)
- Blend the strawberries with 2 teaspoons condensed milk until a fine puree has formed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour the rest of the condensed milk, the heavy whipping cream, and the vanilla extract. Beat until thickened. Fold in half the crushed strawberries.
- Pour into an ice cream machine and, once done, pour out into a flat-bottomed container.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes