Espresso CupcakesL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Mocha cupcakes combine chocolate and coffee in delightful fashion. Made with butter and melted dark chocolate, these cupcakes are incredibly rich tasting, with just a hint of coffee flavor in the cupcakes and the luscious cream cheese frosting that’s piped (or spread, as desired) over the tops. The cupcakes can be baked a few days before decorating. Finish each one with a dusting of cocoa powder and a chocolate-covered espresso bean.
- 125 grams butter (softened)
- 125 grams muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125 grams self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (powdered)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 50 grams dark chocolate (melted)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 240 grams Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 120 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 5 milliliters vanilla extract
- 5 grams instant coffee (dissolved in the vanilla extract)
- 250 grams powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C.
- 2Place the cupcake liners in the cupcake pan.
- 3Beat the butter and the sugar in the mixer bowl, add the eggs while continuously beating.
- 4Combine the flour with the cocoa,coffee, and baking powder in a separate bowl, and add them to the butter/sugar mixture a little at a time.
- 5Continue beating until the batter is smooth.
- 6Add the melted chocolate and the milk.
- 7Place the batter in the cupcake liners and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool them completely and decorate with the frosting.
- 9The cupcakes can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
- 11To make the frosting:
- 12Cream the butter with the mixer’s flat beater attachment at medium speed.
- 13Add the cream cheese, a little at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally so the ingredients can be combined well.
- 14Add the vanilla extract and stir well.
- 15Reduce the speed and gradually add the confectioners’ sugar and the coffee.
- 16Beat at medium-high speed for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 17Use the frosting immediately on the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with powdered cocoa.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1240Calories from Fat690|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat690|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.