- 36 escargot (jarred, drained)
- 4 teaspoons shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 120 grams butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 6 pastry (philo, sheets)
- 12 chives
- Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a medium skillet, and saute 2 tsp. shallots until translucent.
- Add 1 tsp. garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper, and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 410 F.
- Combine softened butter with remaining garlic and shallots, and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a cookie cutter, cut 12 circles out of the philo pastry sheets.
- Top each circle with 3 escargots, some of the tomato mixture, and a mound of prepared butter.
- Close each circle in the shape of a little bag or pocket tying with a chive. Place on a baking sheet.
- Top each 'bag' with more butter and bake for 8 minutes.