If you want to find a traditional Mexican dish to cook for your family, then try this easy recipe for Entomatadas. They are folded corn tortillas that have been fried in oil then bathed in a traditional tomato sauce. Sound amazing? They are. This recipe calls for vegetable oil, tomatoes, green chile pepper, onions, garlic cloves, tortillas, farmers cheese or cottage cheese, and avocados. They taste savory and sweet and amazing.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 chile pepper (green)
- 1/2 onions (peeled and minced)
- 1 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 6 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cheese (farmer’s, or cottage cheese)
- avocado (pitted and sliced)
- 1Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. Roast the outer layer of the tomatoes and chile pepper for a few minutes.
- 2In a separate skillet, add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute garlic and half of the onion until the onions become transparent.
- 3Add the tomatoes, chile pepper, onion, and garlic to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 4Pour the sauce into a large pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- 5Mix the remaining onions with the cheese in a separate bowl.
- 6Add the remaining oil and heat up all of the tortillas in the pan, making sure that each tortilla absorbs some of the oil.
- 7Dip each tortilla into the tomato sauce. Once the tortilla is completely coated, set it on a plate, fold the tortilla in half and fill it with cheese and onions.
- 8When you serve the stuffed tortillas, make sure to pour some extra tomato sauce on top of each “entomatada.”
PER SERVING *
|Calories1200Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.