English-style Meat and Cheese LoafAs receitas lá de casa
It's a good idea to reserve a separate loaf pan just for making savory "cakes" such as this endlessly adaptable one, which includes meat and cheese as well as the usual ingredients: milk, oil, eggs, and flour. You can use any kind of meat in this recipe, including crumbled cooked sausage, shredded chicken, chopped steak, etc. Or you can make a vegetarian version by skipping the meat and using vegetables instead.
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup grating cheese (to taste)
- 1 cup cooked meat (sausage, or vegetables, to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Combine milk, oil, and eggs.
- 3Mix in the flour.
- 4Add cheese and combine.
- 5Add the meat and stir well.
- 6Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until loaf is golden.