Traditional English Muffins are perfect to pair with something sweet or something savory. These English Muffins will provide the base for a delicious sandwich any time of the day. With only 80 calories, you can put anything you want on them. Once them come out of the oven, the hardest part will be deciding what toppings to put on it. Now you can make your favorite drive-thru sandwich at home from scratch.
- 7 grams yeast
- 180 grams warm water
- 28 grams sugar
- 5 grams salt
- 1/2 eggs
- 238 grams flour
- 102 grams whole wheat flour
- 43 grams butter (at room temperature)
- flour (Extra, to spread on the tray/table)
- Pour the warm water, yeast, sugar, salt, egg, half of the regular flour, and all of the whole wheat flour into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer or wooden spoon.
- Once the mixture has formed into a ball of dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Once the hour has passed, add the rest of the flour and the butter into the bowl and stir everything with an electric mixer until the dough becomes soft and elastic.
- Allow the dough to sit for another hour.
- Cover a table or large tray with flour and then place the dough on the surface. Begin kneading the dough for a few seconds and then let the dough sit for another 30–45 minutes.
- Heat up a pan on the stove over low–medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and place medium sized, round portions of dough in the pan.
- Cook the loaves for 2 minutes on each side, then begin cooking each side in 4 minute intervals. If the dough appears to need more time, cook each side for another 4 minutes.
- Place the rolls on a plate and let them cool before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.