- 2 spaghetti squash (small)
- 1/2 onion (diced, about 1 Cup diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh corn (one ear)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup black beans (cooked, 1 can riced and drained-- or sub browned ground meat)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons jalapeño (fresh chopped)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (per serving, optional)
- hot sauce
- sour cream
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Michael Hernandez 2 Jun
Delicious! Substituted mushrooms for the beans
Nicole Layman 26 Jan
Amazing!!! Love this recipe
Dom 25 Jan
I got seconds!! Very easy and quick. If you don't have the seasonings it's also easier and cheaper to add half of taco or enchilada seasoning pack
Marla Strich 27 Sep 2017
Yummy and very filling
Emily G. 24 Aug 2017
Delicious! I combined the avocado, jalapeño and sour cream for creamy sauce to put on top.
Karen Rands 14 Dec 2015
My daughter is a vegetarian and my husband likes his meat. This was a great recipe for their tastebuds. I added soy crumbles to it to give the simulation of meat and more protein for nutrition, and it was a hit for all. It makes more than what will go in the shells, so my daughter had a nice leftover meal just to heat up when she got back to college.
Dana B. 4 Nov 2015
My husband said after the first bite, "Add this to the rotation!" This is really, really delicious and easy to make. Not to mention healthy. I'm going to make this for my father who just found out he has diabetes and needs to restrict his carb intake. I like Aaron S.'s suggestion for scooping out some of the spaghetti squash to make room for the topping. It was really piled on the first time I made it.
Sara P. 28 Oct 2015
Very healthy, filling, and tons of flavor! My husband loved it (although I did add some ground turkey, plus the black beans to make him happy)
Aaron Smith 28 Oct 2015
My wife took three bites and said, "I don't ever want to eat anything else ever again." I guess I'll be making this over and over! One thing I changed was I scooped out and set aside some of the squash strings from each "bowl" before adding the black bean mixture. The recipe didn't say to do this, but I didn't see how I could fit enough filling in otherwise.