Enchanted Forest CakeHoje para Jantar
This enchanted forrest cake gets a surprising bite of flavor from an unusual ingredient. Zucchini gives this cake a tender moistness and a unique flavor profile. The zucchini is accented with earthy pistachios and tart cream cheese frosting flavored with lime juice for a truly irresistable dessert. The zucchini and pistachios give the cake a vibrant and rich green color, which is where it gets the name enchanted forrest cake.
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 125 milliliters peanut oil
- self rising flour (115 gt.)
- 115 grams wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 grams zucchini (grated, unpeeled)
- 75 grams nuts (coarsely chopped)
- 100 grams light cream cheese
- 50 grams powdered sugar
- 1/2 lime juice (and zest)
- 100 grams pistachios (coarsely chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a bowl, whisk eggs with sugar until obtaining a whitish cream.
- 3Add the oil, slowly.
- 4Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt.
- 5Stir to mix.
- 6Add the grated zucchini and nuts. Mix.
- 7Line a rectangular cake pan with parchment paper, and pour in the dough.
- 8Bake until brown, for about 50 minutes.
- 9Remove, and cool on a rack.
- 10Whisk the cream cheese with the sugar, and lemon zest and juice.
- 11Once it is completely cold, spread the icing on the cake.
- 12Garnish with pistachios.
PER SERVING *
|Calories890Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.