This classic Spanish dish is the perfect treat for your family for dinner. Try out our Empanadas recipe tonight. We are confident this recipe will leave your family satisfied with the flavor! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are e…
cited to read about your experience preparing serving this Empanadas recipe. The blend of Spanish flavor and essential nutrients make this recipe a stand alone great. Happy Cooking!
- 1 kilogram flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 300 grams lard
- 200 grams butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the lard and butter together and mix with the fingertips to form a crumbly mixture.
- Mix the milk with the vanilla and add to the mixture. Gather the dough together into a ball.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove 1 portion from the refrigerator and roll out on a floured surface. Cut the empanada shapes with a circular cutter and fill.
- Pinch the edges together and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are golden.
|Calories230Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.