You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Elver and Ham Stuffed Eggs combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed…
with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 10 eggs (number 1, or if you find number 0)
- 1 package imitation elver
- ham (a few slices)
- olive oil
- cayenne (optional)
- Boil eggs in plenty of cold salted water. Once the water starts to boil, cook for 12 minutes. Cool.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with extra virgin olive oil and fry the imitation elver. When done, add a few small pieces of ham. Add cayenne to the oil for a spicier taste.
- Open the eggs, remove the yolk, and fill it with the elver and ham. Sprinkle with egg yolk and a little salt.