- 8 ounces filet (sliced and diced into ½ inch pieces)
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 10 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces black olives (sliced)
- 1 cup Mexican cheese (shredded)
- 28 ounces green enchilada sauce
- Slice elk filet against the grain into ½ steaks and then cut into ½ inch pieces (NOTE: you can substitute ground elk). Heat cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add elk meat and cook until brown about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons grape seed oil to pan and sauté minced garlic and chopped white onion until onions become translucent. Add whole cherry tomatoes and diced jalapeno peppers to garlic and onions. Add all spices including cumin, chipotle pepper and salt and pepper. Continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add meat back to pan and stir all ingredients together. Remove from heat.
- Dip all corn tortillas in water and place in paper towels. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds until the tortillas become soft and easy to handle.
- Place some of the meat filling into tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. I use a 9×13 inch glass pan. Pour the green enchilada sauce over all enchiladas until they are covered completely. Add shredded cheese and top enchiladas with sliced olives.
- Place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown. Enjoy!
|Calories430Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.