- 3/4 pound pork liver
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cognac (or other brandy)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (OR salad dressing)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon (style mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- Combine pork liver, onion quarters, water and bouillon granules in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes. Drain, discarding all but pork liver. Place liver in work bowl of food processor. Add green onion and butter; process for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of work bowl; add remaining ingredients and continue processing until smooth.
- Oil a 2 cup mold or small bowl. Pack liver mixture into mold. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Turn pate out of mold and serve with assorted crackers.