Cindy Roberts of Springfield, MO won 1st Place at the Ozark Empire Fair with this simple recipe.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 16 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. Brown in a large skillet, on medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side.
- In slow cooker, stir together cherry pie filling, chicken bouillon granules, lemon juice and ground mace. Place the browned pork chops on top of the cherry mixture. Cover and cook on the low-heat setting 5 hours or until pork is tender.
- Place chops on serving plate and pour some of the cherry sauce on top and garnish with parsley or kale.