- 1 tablespoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Rosemary Leaves (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Black Pepper (Ground)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 leg of lamb (semi-boneless, about 4 pounds)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, cut into wedges)
- 1 cup chicken stock (Kitchen Basics® Original)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mix spices and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil on sauté setting of electric pressure cooker (instant pot) until shimmering. Sprinkle 1/2 of the seasoning mixture evenly over lamb. Place lamb in pot. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning occasionally. Add stock, wine and remaining seasoning mixture to pot. Arrange carrots and onion around lamb. Close lid.
- Set to cook for 25 minutes on high pressure. Once cooking is completed, allow pressure to release naturally with vent closed for 15 minutes. Vent pot to release remaining pressure; remove lid (quick release method). (Check manufacturer’s manual for safe operating directions.) Remove lamb and vegetables from pot; set aside and keep warm.
- Set electric pressure cooker to sauté. Cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by about half, about 5 to 10 minutes. Mix water and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir into pot with wire whisk. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve lamb and vegetables with gravy.
|Calories870Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.