- cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds eggplant (unpeeled, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons basil (chopped, plus leaves for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 2 ounces pecorino romano cheese (freshly grated, plus more for serving)
- 1 tablespoon leaf parsley (chopped flat-)
- 25 1/4 ounces sauce (DeLallo Pomodoro)
- part-skim ricotta cheese (for serving, optional)
|Calories300Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Joseph Kockaya 24 Nov 2018
Amazing recipe. We used onion and sage stuffing mix instead of breadcrumbs, only because it was what they had at the store, but it turned out fantastic.
Donna Maloney 5 Jun 2018
i loved this i did not miss the meat at all the recipe says to.leave the skin on but i would remove it next time i did however forget to add the water in the cooking of the eggplant which did not affect the flavor but may have kept the skin to become softer it was not a problem.to eat but forming the meatballs some of the skin was keeping me from forming.the balls so.i just removed the ones giving me a problem overall easy prep and very tasty i will make this again
Hall 9 May 2018
Best Yummly I’ve ever made
Owen White 15 Apr 2018
great meatballs great consistency though I rotated them while cooking to get even crisping on the outside. with a spicy tomato sauce they paired well with the ricotta and while wheat pasta. I will be making this again though maybe with a pesto sauce. Happy cooking🍳
Nohelani 24 Mar 2018
It was really good. My kids demolished them.
Rita Noetzel 26 Feb 2018
Really enjoyed these. Simple and tasty
Maryann Shape Wraps 22 Feb 2018
Delicious recipe, made a couple patties from left over mixture. They were a little moist trying to get them to hold together...
Bethe C. 22 Jul 2017
This was amazing!!! Didn't change a thing! Served with fresh marinara sauce over zucchini noodles - this will become a weekly favorite!