Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Eggplant Szechuan Style is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 5 eggplant (medium)
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions (thin, whole)
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chile pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cut eggplant and pepper into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté eggplant and pepper in portions until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Repeat cooking steps with remaining eggplant and pepper until vegetables are cooked, and then set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the white part of green onions, garlic, ginger and part of the chile pepper, to taste.
- Sauté for a minute. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar and sugar until dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the pan and cook for another minute.
- Add eggplant and bell pepper and stir until sauce is absorbed.
- To serve, garnish with sesame seeds, green part of the green onion and remaining chile pepper.