Eggplant never tasted like this before! Featuring chevre, thyme, and basil, you’ll appreciate the savory flavor of this nutritious meal. Serve it alongside of fresh spinach or salad. Top with parsley to garnish.
- 2 eggplants (large)
- 2 logs fresh goat cheese
- fresh thyme
- 1 can tomato sauce (with olives)
- grated Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Wash the eggplants, slice them lengthwise (about 0.3 cm slices) place them on a baking sheet.
- Coat the slices lightly with olive oil using a brush.
- Salt, and season with fresh thyme.
- Bake for 15 minutes until slices are soft and lightly colored.
- Cut an equal amount of logs of goat cheese to the eggplant slices.
- Cover each slice of eggplant with a piece of goat cheese, top with a large basil leaf, roll and place in an oven dish.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the eggplant rolls, sprinkle grated cheese over the rolls, and bake for 20 minutes.
Suzette J. 30 Jun 2015
I have always wanted to try eggplant but have been too chicken. I made this recipe and am so glad I did. The goat cheese and eggplant rolls were unlike anything I have ever eaten before. The most decadent meal ever!