Tender slices of eggplant and creamy dollops of ricotta make these naan pizzas perfect for when you're craving eggplant parmesan with a little extra something.
- 4 pieces naan
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant
- 4 basil leaves
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (or marinara sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (or shredded “pizza blend”)
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese (1 scant cup)
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the naan breads onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle ½ tsp. of olive oil over each naan bread. Using the back of a spoon or clean hands, rub the oil over the surface of each bread.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the eggplant 1/8” thick. Cut the rounds in half.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and roll into a tight log. With a sharp knife, make very thin slices across the log, creating ribbons of basil.
- Spoon a generous 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce onto the center of each naan bread. Use the back of a spoon to spread it into an even layer, leaving a ½” border around the sauce.
- Arrange an equal amount of eggplant slices over each naan bread.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of shredded cheese over each naan pizza.
- Use a small spoon to drop an equal amount of ricotta by the spoonful over each naan pizza.
- Sprinkle the naan pizzas with half of the basil ribbons. Reserve the other half for garnish.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden, the eggplant is tender, and the naan is crisp.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Allow the naan pizzas to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Top with the reserved basil ribbons, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired..
- Slice and serve.
Alyssa Canete 12 days ago
Aaammmaaazzzing!!! Very yummmly! Hubby loved it!