Eggplant Naan PizzasYummly
The best eggplant parmesan you'll ever eat, in pizza form! Tender slices of eggplant and creamy dollops of ricotta make these naan pizzas perfect for when you're craving something a little different on top of your pizza.
- 4 pieces naan
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant
- 4 basil leaves
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (or marinara sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (or shredded “pizza blend”)
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese (1 scant cup)
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese (for serving)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Arrange the naan breads onto the baking sheet.
- 4Drizzle ½ tsp. of olive oil over each naan bread. Using the back of a spoon or clean hands, rub the oil over the surface of each bread.
- 5Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the eggplant 1/8” thick. Cut the rounds in half.
- 6Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and roll into a tight log. With a sharp knife, make very thin slices across the log, creating ribbons of basil.
- 7Spoon a generous 2 Tablespoons of pizza sauce onto the center of each naan bread. Use the back of a spoon to spread it into an even layer, leaving a ½” border around the sauce.
- 8Arrange an equal amount of eggplant slices over each naan bread.
- 9Sprinkle an equal amount of shredded cheese over each naan pizza.
- 10Use a small spoon to drop an equal amount of ricotta by the spoonful over each naan pizza.
- 11Sprinkle the naan pizzas with half of the basil ribbons. Reserve the other half for garnish.
- 12Transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- 13Bake for 14-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden, the eggplant is tender, and the naan is crisp.
- 14Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 15Allow the naan pizzas to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Top with the reserved basil ribbons, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired..
- 16Slice and serve.